When it comes to Cigar cutter, you definitely need a sharp, clean and quick cut that will not damage your Cigar instead of performing its duty accurately.
Cutters can be found in different types, shapes and colors; it is upon you to chose the best that describes your preferences and needs, customized with your special color, logo, initials, or even best sports team… etc.
In general, cutters can be found in 4 major Categories:
- Guillotine Cut (Sometimes called Straight),
- Other like Cigar Cut knife, Scissors…
They all perform the same task: cutting the cap of your Cigar enabling you to enjoy your puff.
1. A Straight cut of Guillotine Cutter can be found with a single or double blades, and can be used with all Cigar shapes. If performed accurately (check the “How To” section under Cigar 101 – “Technicalities” of our website), it will simply remove the cap without damaging your Cigar. I personally prefer the double blade cutters.
Note that some companies are now producing special cutters that are released automatically to perform a sharp cut.
Please visit our section “Store” as we will be displaying few items for sale in the near future.
2. A Punch can make a hole in the Cigar cap instead of cutting it. The inconvenience of the hole is that it will not allow as much smoke to come out especially when it will be blocked with saliva and tobacco as reported by many users. Moreover, a puncher cannot be used for special type of Cigars especially the figurados.
Some Aficionados will like the idea that Cigar punchers are safer then cutters, and most of them are found to be used like a key chain holder.
3. The V-Cut does not remove the cap entirely, but performs a v-cut shape. However, it penetrates more inside the head of the Cigar; so if you are using a cheap type of v-cutter, you might risk to go too much inside and thus cause your Cigar to burn quickly and unevenly.
Categories: Cigar 101